Wedding Reception Venues
Hand-hewn from pine logs prior to the advent of electricity, the over 10,000 square foot Presque Isle Lodge with its large stone fireplace is a perfect setting for your wedding. Your hosts the Spencer’s can help you arrange all aspects of your special day, from flowers to food to personal touches for your guests. Whether you hold your ceremony in front of the fireplace surrounded by family and friends, outdoors on the hill near Grand Lake, or in a wooded setting with serene Lotus Pond as a background, the Presque Isle Lodge will provide an intimate, unforgettable setting for your wedding celebrations.
Thoughtful and thorough Personal Event Planning Services are included when you book your wedding at the Presque Isle Lodge. The facility can be used for the wedding ceremony, rehearsal dinner and the reception. Many guests have brunch the morning after the wedding and family members return for a special sendoff of the bride and groom to their special new life together. We’ll provide you with a list of photographers, florists, DJ’s, caterers, and additional lodging facilities that we trust. At the Presque Isle Lodge, we enjoy working with you to create the details that will make your event a personal experience you’ll never forget. Ask us for some unusual ways brides and grooms have “launched” their wedded life!
Photos provided by : Paul Retherford Wedding Photography
Wedding Reception Venues
FOR YOUR GUESTS:
With comfortable common guest areas and nine unique guestrooms, your guests will certainly feel at home at the Presque Isle Lodge. Pamper yourself or thank your wedding attendants with this unique gift of relaxation as you prepare for your wedding. We’re happy to add any other personal touches you’d like for your guests, such as gift certificates or activities.
The best gift a bride can receive is a wedding day with as little worry as possible. Let us take care of you! Our Bride’s Kit is a souvenir kit filled with the little things you may find yourself needing: a sewing kit, clear nail polish, bobby pins, a dryer sheet for static, and safety pins. We’ll dress out your room with bottled water, wine and glasses for you and your attendants, an ironing board, steam iron, and extra towels. Our staff will greet and direct your photographer/ videographer, hairdresser and florist; and you’re welcome to use the grounds or the area near Grand Lake or Lotus Pond for photographs.
WEDDINGS AND RECEPTIONS
- The Presque Isle Lodge can accommodate up to 150 people seated for dinner indoors. For larger wedding receptions (150+), a tent is recommended (there is a 20×30 cement patio) – a maximum of 200 people will be permitted.
- A caterer must be obtained for any event at the Lodge. Please request a list of caterers from your hosts or have your caterer contact the Lodge for information and policies. All items such as silverware, dinnerware, glasses, cups etc. are to be provided by your caterer or yourself.
- We are glad to send you a list of preferred providers for services such as rentals, flowers, personal care, and music when you book your wedding with us. We can arrange any of these services for you by request.
- To hold your ceremony and/or reception at the Presque Isle Lodge, you will be asked to rent all of our guest rooms. We strongly suggest a two-night minimum booking for most events so that the Lodge can be decorated the day or evening before or to make the Lodge available for a rehearsal dinner. The fee for the Lodge is $3,400 for two days.
- Because the Presque Isle Lodge operates on a septic system, for events over 150 people, a portable toilet is mandatory. We can provide you with contacts for this service or arrange it directly for you.
- You may wish to personally add decorations at your discretion with collaboration of the Presque Isle Lodge (glitter and silly string are not allowed).
- A deposit is REQUIRED at the time of booking for your event. There is a 30 day cancellation notice for special inn events such as weddings. Deposits will be forfeited if under 30 days.
- We REQUIRE that you have or get host liquor liability event coverage on your home owners insurance for yourself and your guests and provide us with a copy.
- If alcohol is being served, you are required to hire a professional bartender. You must “give” alcohol to your guests….you cannot sell it to them. Cash bars require a license. We do not provide alcohol of any kind. You can bring your own or have your caterer provide it. We can refer some area party stores that will provide alcoholic beverages and bartending services for your event.
- If we rent additional items or arrange other services for you, you must provide us with your credit card number in order to secure deposit and rental fees.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if we can answer any questions for you. (989) 595-6970 or (231) 929-4684, or email@example.com
We feel our unique setting provides an excellent environment for a truly unforgettable event!
Check out some youtube videos of weddings at the lodge: